- Sign up here or download the .doc or .pdf, fill it in and give it to your chapter SV Rep.
- By signing up, you agree to deliver assigned orders during the time slots you have volunteered your availability and you agree to follow these guidelines and procedures for the day of delivery.
- ORDER ASSIGNMENTS: You will be emailed your list of order assignments shortly before February 14th. Barring time conflicts, specific requests for your quartet and your preferred area of operation are considered.
- You must indicate whether you can do only 2 songs or do a 5-6 song package. (A package gets you a portion of the fee.)
- If additional orders come in after you have your schedule or on the 14th our COORDINATOR will contact quartets by email, phone or text. We will expect a prompt response to confirm acceptance or rejection of assignments.
- Please provide at least 2 phone contacts (a primary and a backup) in the case of additional last-minute orders.
- We recommend that each quartet designate a separate individual as driver/handler and photographer and cell phone/text contact.
- A COORDINATOR PHONE & EMAIL will be provided for any delivery problems, accidents, emergencies that may crop up. If your buyer requests a target time you can't meet, please contact the buyer yourself (especially the 4-hour windows), and let them know what time you will arrive to avoid major problems. If no resolution, contact the COORDINATOR.
NOTE: if no one requested your quartet and there are too few orders to keep all the quartets busy, you may be asked not to sing.
- SPECIAL VALENTINE CARDS, envelopes, SV business cards, flyers (and your list of assignments) will need to be picked up. You will be given extras. You can optionally provide chocolates or flowers if you wish at your own expense.
- SONGS: Each quartet is expected to sing two songs. Set the appropriate tone (eg. when men sing to a male recipient). You are expected to get copyright clearance if needed. The following are suggested public domain songs:
- "Let Me Call You Sweetheart"
- "Sweet and Lovely" (That's What You Are to Me)
- "Story of the Rose" (Heart of My Heart)
- "Cuddle up a Little Closer"
- "I've Got a Crush on You, Sweetie Pie"
- "You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby"
- "Love is all that I Can Give to You"
- "I Don't Know Why"
- AUDITION: Every quartet must audition (before their chapter) to ensure a consistent level of quality in the Singing Valentines program. This is absolutely essential for any new or pickup quartet which has not participated in the program in the past. Chapters are encouraged to set up times when (new) quartets can learn and perfect their singing. This will help to maximize the number of quartets, to extend the experience to as many barbershoppers as possible, and to ensure that we deliver a quality product.
- DRESS: Formal is expected to be a classy operation. Here are some examples:
- Tuxedo suit with bow tie, and optional cummerbund or dress pants with a formal vest and dressy tie. Patten leather shoes.
- Ladies wear something on the fancy side appropriate to Valentines mode (doesn't have to be a dress)
- Add some Valentine red where possible (bow tie, cummerbund, vest, skarf)
- PROMO DIGITAL PHOTOS/VIDEO: We encourage you to get recipient emails and use digital devices to take at least one photo or video of each order delivered. Please remember to ask them for permission to post these to our Facebook page. There is a Photo/Video Release form available if needed. Hand out the SV Business Cards, and Flyers. You are welcome to give out your Quartet or Chorus promotional materials.